Direct Report |Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor
Mission of The Mount | For one more we Invite, Gather, Give and Volunteer.
The Pastor of Discipleship is responsible for creating, managing and executing all facets of the Adult discipleship process at The Mount, including assimilation via Kick Start and Next Steps, Life Groups, Semester Groups, Care Groups, Men’s and Women’s ministries and Leadership Development.
- Champion the Adult Ministry discipleship vision at The Mount
- Lead a team to develop and grow a strong small group ministry fostering community outreach and spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan ensuring continuous improvement and growth of all areas of discipleship.
- Collaborate with Communication Team for promotional materials and methods that ensure global awareness of discipleship opportunities at The Mount
- Identify, develop, and/or select discipleship curriculum and other study materials and tools.
- Develop an annual department budget and manage spending to budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be the Point of Contact and driver for the Online Campus. Promote connection and engagement.
- Build and lead team of volunteers to grow online campus and engagement.
- Ensure all online campus guests, prayer requests, or those wanting to take next steps are followed-up with personally or entered into a pre-determined process.
- Schedule, train, and provide leadership to all online chat hosts.
- Communicate and interface with production and communication departments.
- Ensure strategy, mission, values, and culture of The Mount Church are translated to online campus.
- Assist with campus-wide initiatives or other responsibilities as supervisor directs.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a working knowledge of the Bible.
- Proficiency in communication (written and verbal).
- 7+ years of leadership experience with a proven track record of achievement and growth.
- A Masters degree or higher is preferred.
- An energetic personality, connecting guests to engagement at The Mount.
- Experience working in a large church (1000+ in size) is preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-site operations is preferred.
- An entrepreneurial and self-starter spirit.
- Knowledge of social media, web and modern digital communication.
- Championship attitude for team culture: Fun, Encouragement, Excellence, and Trust.
- Commitment to The Mount values: Invite, Gather, Give and Volunteer.